Monday, March 08, 2010

...And some promise of 2010

As for 2010, Plastic Beach by Gorillaz doesn't sound too bad, (not for those who dislikes rap/beats/drum machines. It's not all rap here though. A mish mash of genre bending but melodious tunes. But I might be biased here, I've always liked Damon Albarn's works -he of Blur fame, he's part of Gorillaz ^_^)
Sample here
Edit: Current fave track: Empire Ants, On Melancholy Hill, Stylo, Rhinestone Eyes (nevermind the titles :-p)

After a few listens of the sampler, I'm being reminded of Massive Attack's 1991's brilliant album -Blue Lines which pioneered the trip hop genre.
And then I found out Massive Attack also has a new album out- Heligoland.
And lo and behold, Mr Albarn is on here too! So too are loads of others (Mazzy Star, Hope Sandoval, Elbow & Portishead personnel etc). Real drums on here.
Sample of Paradise Circus (1st single) here
I'm having my ears full. Bliss.
Edit: Current fave track: Paradise Circus (can't get enough of this), Pray for Rain, Psyche, Saturday Come Slow (it's Albarn!).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home