Monday, November 02, 2009

Filmology

A bit on recent films I caught..

500 days of summer
Quirky and Sweet! Love it, but then again I am bias - as The Smiths and Belle & Sebastian were mentioned in the film
Zooey Deschanel as Summer is soooooooooooo cute! She made Tom (Gordon-Levitt) cry..
Favourite tagline: I heart Us

Inglourious Basterds
Lengthy, dialogue based film, but I loved it! I would have appreciated it better if I'd watch/knew the spaghetti western and combat war films referenced in the movie..

Cristoph Waltz as Col Hans Landa is one heck of a superb actor! He speaks French, German, English & Italian in the movie - what a feat! No wonder Tarantino mentioned that there would not be Basterds if not for Waltz
I missed Tarantino in a cameo part though
And why didn't Brad Pitt's Aldo Raine die?! (tak puas hati :-p)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger IZWAN SHAHMIN said...

Aldo, just plain lucky... (tak puas hati dia tak mati jugak!)

Hans character was superb, brilliant & very intimidating, but I kind a down when he was simply fooled by Aldo.

Really admire the script.. totally a fiction yet unforgettable.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home